Local raw honey is a great addition to your basket of natural healing remedies. Many of us have heard about the benefits of using honey for allergies. I have personally used honey for my children’s allergies for over 10 years with amazing success!! And we are still using honey today for allergies and coughs. Starting the use of honey before allergy season is best. Using a tablespoon of honey at night for coughs is extremely helpful based on my personal experiences. There is some discussion about what age raw local honey can be administered so please check with your physician or do some research before using raw honey on a child younger than 12 years of age.
What I didn’t know about raw local honey are all the other health benefits that exist with its use!
Honey can aid in the healing of various ailments.
Some of the benefits are:
- Reducing Body Fat & Cholesterol
- Lowering Stress
- Inhibiting the Growth of Colon Cancer
- Boosting Brain Health & Memory
- Lessening coughs
- Added energy for Athletes
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Helps with Liver Damage
This information was obtained from the Angela Ysseldyk, a Nutritionist & Beekeeper’s Daughter. Her website is www.bee-pollen-buzz.com. The list of ailments that can be treated is long and I have not included them all here. See her website for a more in-depth look at what can be healed and why. She sells raw honey, bee pollen and other products on her site that are natural and seem very helpful.
My fiancée brought home two big beautiful bouquets of flowers for me one night. Very thoughtful & sweet!! However, my dog began sneezing, had a runny nose and was almost seizing. I had no idea what was going on with her and why she was reacting this way suddenly. I thought it could possibly be allergies and gave her some honey. The honey helped to relieve her symptoms and when I stopped the honey her symptoms returned. I still brought her to the vet just to be sure and they went through her symptoms and examined her. They said she quite possibly was allergic to the flowers and should be given an antihistamine.
I had no idea that a dog could be allergic to flowers!!! The flowers were lilies and my dog was not only allergic, but apparently they could have killed my cat if he had eaten them!! If you have pets, check online, with your florist or vet about the possible effects on your pet before bringing home a new flower/plant, especially with the upcoming holidays.